Get the SOPA newsletter straight to your inbox
In the November issue we are delighted to introduce you to our new Editor, Margaret Fisher who has been a SOPA Trustee since 2021. The newsletter has a new look and feel.
Find out more about the latest packed issue below!
- SOPA Partnering in New Brain Function Research
- Important Date for Your Diary - SOPA Annual General Meeting, 29th Jan 2024
- Older People’s Champion Campaign
- Civil Service Pensioners’ Alliance
- SOPA Contributes to Ageing and Frailty Standards
Features in this Issue:
- SOPA Assembly Success with Increase in Demand for Places
- Assembly Workshop Results
- Introduction to Tony Donohoe, AfC Project Coordinator
- Age Friendly Communities - Putting You at the Heart
- of the Community
- Interview with Older People’s Champion, Councillor Pamela Marshall
- Former SOPA Chair Wins Age Scotland Jess Barrow Award
Members Articles from:
- Highland Senior Citizens Network Latest News
- The African and Caribbean Elders in Scotland (ACES)
- Falkirk Older People’s Network
- Generations Working Together Update
- Voice of Experience Forum
In our July 23 Newsletter read the latest updates on; SOPA's news and latest events, Age-friendly Communities, News from member organisations and more!
In our May Newsletter read the latest updates on; SOPA's news and latest events as well as member news.
In our March Newsletter read the latest updates on; SOPA's news and latest events, Age-friendly Communities, Older People's Champions News, SOPA Trustee Update, Welcome to New Members, News from member organisations and more!
In our October Newsletter read the latest updates on; SOPA's news and latest events, SOPA Assembly 2022, Welcome to New Lead Officer, Age-friendly Communities, Older People's Champions News, SOPA Trustee Update, Welcome to New Members, News from member organisations and more!
Updates on: SOPA's news and latest events, Age-friendly Communities, The Paces Study Consultation - how to get involved, Older People's Champions campaign update, Learn about the Older People's Strategic Action Forum and News from Member organisations and much more!
Updates on: SOPA's Future Planning work, Age-friendly Communities, Health and Social Care Strategy for Older People - Scottish Government consultation, Older People's Champions campaign update
Updates on SOPA's joint Older People's Champion campaign with Age Scotland, SOPA's new staff and trustee appointments, the Wellbeing in Later Life (WeLL) Programme, SOPA's most recent events - 'Rethinking Later Life' and 'Engaging and Influencing the UK Parliament', news from member organisations and more!
Reconnecting Our Communities - SOPA's East Lothian outreach event, report from SOPA's Access to Healthcare survey, lockdown projects.
Letter from the chair, new research collaboration, members' news, and more.
July 2019 newsletter
News from the 'Voice of Veterans' event, congratulations to Glenda Watt and update on new SOPA members...
April 2019 newsletter
With a report from the SOPA Parliamentary Reception, results from our engagement activity "Identity, Connection and Choice and much more....
January 2019 newsletter
The first newsletter of 2019 says farewell to Glenda, welcome to Caroline and updates on other SOPA activity.
August 2018 Newsletter
As Tom Berney moves out of his role as Chair, this newsletter reviews the highlights of his 5 years since 2013 when he began his leadership role in the organisation.