Participants at SOPA during 2013/14 provided feedback on our activities. This information was analysed independently by the Employment Research Institute, Edinburgh Napier University and an Evaluation Report produced. As a result, during 2014/15, the actions below will be taken by the Committee.
- develop and increase its influence and awareness among the general population and the government by press coverage and wider circulation of the Newsletter and SOPA films, use an improved website and make clear presentation of SOPA’s key messages
- seek funding to organise local SOPA events to enable and encourage more older people to have a voice and express their views
- explore partnership work to improve democratic citizen participation
- develop the capacity and governance of the Scottish Older People’s Assembly Committee and
- deliver the Assembly in the Scottish Parliament’s debating chamber on 31 October 2014.